Saturday, November 9, 2013

Today's walk report: 110913

We interrupt this program...

Today at 2 PM there was this broadcast on BBC Radio 3. If you click the link I provided it's currently available for streaming for 7 days. Any real Frank Zappa fan has already listened to it and any die-hard Zappa fan has recorded it. I'm a die-hard Zappa fan.


It was marvelous but I actually fell into a light sleep during the broadcast. I planned that. My cat slept on me and I slept on the couch in front of the stereo. I haven't slept well for about 9 months and could tell that if I didn't get a nap in I was going to have a really short evening. I'm not sure where it became dreamlike background music, how long I slept but I rose up just before the finale, Strictly Genteel. I'll be listening to it again soon and will probably figure out exactly what I missed when I do. I dumped the snoozing cat from my lap, prepped for the walk and had 1/2 a cup of coffee before ending the recording and heading out the door--probably about 4:20. Sunset today was 4:55 so, despite a short detour into the garden, reaching the top of the hill and getting a shot of that was my goal and that's all you get. I'm going to enjoy a long evening. Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment