Monday, October 28, 2013

Today's walk report: 102813

Knirps for moisture...

Knirps for moisture is a line from Frank Zappa's song, Penguin in Bondage. It took me years and the Internet to find out what it meant. Knirps is a brand of umbrellas out of Germany and as far as I know weren't readily available in the United States back in 1974 when that song came to my attention. But then, I've never been very big on umbrellas. I am a fan of moisture however. The 8.25 km today was modestly moist. I enjoy walking in the rain. I hope we get more out of this front then I've seen so far. I went out of my way today to scatter 2 lb of wildflower seed and put some barricade tape up so trick or treaters and more importantly the mail person don't go shortcutting across my yard and traumatize my seedling development.

Everywhere you see brown I'm expecting wildflowers. It's the same at the end of the driveway, side of and back of house. I have a long way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment