Friday, October 18, 2013

Today's walk report: 101813

Sing out hare, hare, dance the hoochie coo.

What a difference a day makes. The pain that made me decide not to walk yesterday and put in an evening for recovery... 96.7% gone today. 8.79 km of happy walking took place.

Some of the same old on the walk in regard to photo ops. I felt like walking though so I didn't spend much time trying to find pictures.

I've mentioned before, there is often a 1st picture that I'll take just in case there's nothing else ahead. I wouldn't have minded taking a nice picture of this Buick Skylark but I didn't have the right lens. So I backed up at 70mm. The car is in nice shape but I don't have an understanding for why anybody would want to drive something like this these days. Maybe it looks a little nicer with the top down? I'm guessing this is a 1954. The thing's older than I am.


Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui), looking a bit faded from the summer. By the way, it hit 92ยบ here today. It's October 18th in case that slipped past you or you showed up late. Indian summer they like to call it. I call it the pits.


Selasphorus rufus.


I don't know what this moth is. It never settled down for a moment. It was constantly moving from flower to flower rapidly fluttering its wings. I'm surprised I got a picture at all.


Yep. Same green lynx spider I've posted a few times now but if you look back you will see that its colors have constantly been changing.  From the side it looks completely brown now.


Okay, here it is. The changing colors of autumn in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California. This is it!


No comments:

Post a Comment