Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Today's walk report: 100913

Rain.

We had rain today! .15" which brings our seasonal total up to .18". That is NOT very good. But it was great today! Just for comparison, last year we got an early storm on 10/11-10/12 and that dropped  .61".

Anyway, the house was 64º today, the air was clean and the energy was high. I even put some wildflower seed out just in front of the house, about a 150 sq ft area. Since it's supposed to get back into the mid-80ºs by Monday I didn't want to push too much early seeding. This area I can easily keep watered until the seed has a chance to germinate.

I did the regular 8.25 km (5.13 miles) southbound neighborhood walk and was really digging the cool fresh air, the gentle breeze and the fact that I could wear a light weight hoodie again. I like the front pocket, it's really handy especially when I walk with a DSLR and a couple of lenses. I'm looking forward to more of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment