Saturday, September 7, 2013

Today's walk report: 090713

Rust on rust.

Not too many comments out of me today. I woke up with probably the worst backache of my life  and spent a good part of the day shopping online for a new bed. Besides doing more shit to aggravate my back like house and garden work. This all started with me dreaming on Tuesday morning that I was immobile with a bad back and I awoke with back pain that's been sliding up and down in intensity ever since. This morning I was OK within an hour but that hour was miserable and it also started at 4:30 A.M.

The thing I need to do to help my back (besides getting a real bed) is virtually impossible right now and that's working on strengthening my abdominals. Stretching is precarious, I need to do that very slow and easy because just a tad too much and I'm out again. Walking once it gets into high gear is great. It's part stretching and mostly endorphins--it wears off.

Not that I didn't know it but I really thought about it today. I've never really had a very decent bed and the only bed I ever bought myself retail was a store demo water bed back in 1986. Most of the beds in my life have been purchased by others or were hand me downs. I did also buy a used bed from Persis Khambatta back in the early 90s. Persis was this person in the 1st Star Trek movie.


I bought most of her bedroom furniture. It was all black lacquer with gold trim. The bed had an 8-track AM-FM stereo reciever and car stereo-like speakers built into the headboard. The base of the bed was lined with florescent lights. It was very Playboy magazine circa 1972. 

Here's a picture of the headboard and nightstands from my old apartment in Los Angeles.


Woe is me.

I'll be brief.

Nice of him to land there. That's about a 40" rusty rod that's sticking up out of the ground. Cardinal Meadowhawk dragonfly (Sympetrum-illotum).


Heading up the hill for the sunset.


and thar she blows.


No comments:

Post a Comment