Sunday, September 1, 2013

Today's walk report: 090113

We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer's wreckage. We will welcome summer's ghost.
~Henry Rollins~


Katydied...


One issue with focus stacked images, like the butterfly below, is time. Right now I'd like to get this done and relax, I'm planning on an early morning. 1st, I don't always have a clear idea when selecting a set of images for a focus stack how well it's going to fair but there's also an interim step I'm not generally taking and that's to edit out the areas which Photoshop will "blur" in making the masks for the final composite. This is 9 images stacked, as always, handheld.

Agraulis vanillae. By the way, this is a young butterfly. I was a little surprised. I think I need to read up some on their life cycle.


Wings open, no focus stack here. I was trying to back off before she closed her wings again... 'didn't make it.


Donkey friend #1. Couldn't have cared less about me being nearby.


Donkey friend #2, separated... 1st time I've seen that. I had a wonderful shot over the fence just moments before this but this one wanted to come see me up close both times I stopped by.


Back up topside for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment