Sunday, May 12, 2013

Today's walk report: 051213


Hot... hot... hot!

Too hot. High today was a whopping May 12th, 101.4º by 3:40 in the afternoon. By 6:30 PM I just wanted to get out and have some daylight light left to take pictures with. So I headed out, 94º. In February I predicted a brutal summer in So. Cal. We're 40 days from away and it's already happening.

Today was Mother's Day by the way. Two months and a week since my mother passed away. I found it a little difficult to deal with emotionally and was looking forward to getting out and pounding out a good hardy walk. So that's what I did.

Some species of Australian native Callistemon (Bottlebrush). I put at least five minutes into trying to figure out which one. Since I never remember names, it's not a priority.


I'm pretty sure this one is Common net bush, one-sided bottlebrush (Calothamnus quadrifidus) but forgive me if I'm wrong.


The giant asparagus is blooming! Giant Agave, Century Plant (Agave salmiana)--again, don't quote me.


Three shots, same bird. Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin).




No comments:

Post a Comment